This programme is for leaders qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification who are, or are aspiring to be:
- Managers of private, voluntary, and independent nurseries
- Headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries
- Childminders with leadership responsibilities.
The programme aims to help you and your school by:
- Developing your ability to establish and sustain your organisation’s strategic direction
- Developing your expertise and broaden your leadership knowledge and to gain specialist expertise needed to address your organisation’s improvement priorities
- Creating and building a thriving environment in which all staff feel supported and valued
This is a programme spread over 5 terms involving up to 77 hours of learning. This includes a combination of seminars, learning modules, conferences and a practical learning cycle. In addition, assessment takes place within 3 months of completing the formal programme. The programme will give participants the essential knowledge, skills and concepts underpinning the successful leadership of the Early Years. It will do so through exploring the following content modules based on the DfE’s NPQ frameworks:
- Child development, curriculum and assessment
- Additional and special educational needs and disabilities
- Professional development
- Organisational management
- Working in partnership
The programme is delivered through:
- Evidence-based on-line content using Teach First materials exploring each of the content modules
- Seminars providing you with an opportunity for peer learning and the consolidation of learning within each of the content modules
- Conferences to provide further opportunity for peer learning combined with expert input from specialist practitioners.
Early years practitioners and leaders working in the following settings in England will be eligible for scholarship funding from the DfE for the NPQEYL only:
- childcare providers registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register, providing childcare on non-domestic premises.
- childcare providers registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register, providing childcare on domestic premises.
- childminders registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register.
- childminders registered with an Ofsted-registered childminder agency, caring for early years children.